Creating compelling stories
To create compelling stories, we must first accept that film is all around us and that we communicate with moving images of all sorts. Over the course of three months, while earning a Film Minor at DAFP, you will gain an introduction into: on location and studio camera techniques, and editing. In addition, you will gain exposure film history, screenplay writing and interview techniques. We house our courses in state-of-the-art technical facilities and offer top-tier education that is designed to inspire and enhance your creative process. You will be guided by enthusiastic industry professionals, all of whom have years of collective experience that will be at your disposal.
Curriculum Minor in Film
The DAFP Film Minor is the perfect way to gain exposure to the fundamentals of Film. The three-month course is designed to expose participants to a wide array of topical material over a short period of time, but not at the expense of the instruction or the expected learning outcomes. Intentionally diverse in scope, the Minor includes courses in: Digital Photography, Image Editing, Art History, Image Development, Composite Imaging, Lighting and other professional areas of importance. On occasion photography is included in the program and done on location.
The minor course will earn you 30 EVC(Dutch Citizens) points.
|Basics camera light and sound||3|
|Basics AV disciplines (TV format en commercial film)||6|
|Documentary and fiction||6|
|Postproduction and sounddesign||3|
|Total European Credits||30|
Locations, dates & costs
Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Eindhoven and Apeldoorn
September – November 2019
February – April 2020
April – June 2020
€ 7.500 in total
In order to be admitted to our bachelor program in Film and Audiovisual Media, you need to have completed your high school education, or a level 4 vocational training of higher education. All high school profiles are admittable.
- High school transcript (If in Progress-Proof of Completion Required After Graduation)
- Three-hundred-word personal statement that answers the questions:
• Who you are
• What you want to study at DAFP
• Why do you want to study at DAFP
• What you plan to do after completion of our program
- Portfolio Sample (Program Dependent)
- Language Examination Scores: TOEFL/IELTS/PTE/Cambridge
- Application Fee: 70 Euros
As always, when embarking on a new academic adventure, there will be an application process to ensure that your interest and academic history are in line with our expectations. This ensures that we will be able to provide you with the highest possible level of instruction, no matter your artistic ability, you will be able to meet both our standards and yours.
We will require a copy of your high school transcript. If you are still completing your program, send us all you have done up until your most recent term of grades. After you graduate, before enrolling, we will require proof of completion.
We will also require a three-hundred-word personal statement that answers the questions: Who you are, what you want to study at DAFP and why and what you plan to do after completion.
Depending on your program of interest, we would like to see a sample of your work. Note, if this applies to you, we are not looking for professional level portfolios. We simply want to see what you have done so we can assess how far we can take you. To ensure that you can comprehend the courses and contribute to class discussion, we require evidence of English language capability, as all courses are taught in English.
The application fee is 70 Euros. This tells us that you are as serious about us as we are about you.
- DAFP is the only private educational institution in the Netherlands with recognizedand accredited Minor Programs in Film.
- Teachers are celebrated professionals in the field of Film, with a passion for education.
- DAFP students benefit from high levels of personal attention and small class sizes.
- DAFP provides students with access to our large national network of internship offering companies, studios, publishers, media companies, TV production companies and museums.
- Support is offered to international students in the areas of visa application, insurance, grants and other requirements.
|Course duration||3 month|
Certificate of Attendance
€ 7.500 per program