Let your talent flourish
Visual communication and photography plays an increasingly important role in this fastmoving world. As they say, “a picture is worth a thousand words,” and can tell us far more than words alone are able to.
Over a three-month period of study, the Photography Minor serves students by supplementing their current bachelor studies with an exploration and application of basic photographic techniques. Alongside introductions to Imagery and Culture, this exposure makes the minor program incredibly well-rounded and a valuable addition to your chosen program of study.
Curriculum Minor in Photography
The three-month minor in Photography at DAFP provides you with an excellent level of exposure to the world of capturing moment. With the Minor in Photography, in addition to traditional courses that explore history and culture, you will learn basic photographic techniques (location and studio). As such, this will be a highly valuable addition to your current college agenda.
We offer small-scale education in an inspiring and creative environment where enthusiastic teachers abound and excitedly aim to share their knowledge with you.
|Light (studio, portrait, etc.)||3|
|Introduction to professional disciplines||6|
|Total European Credits||30|
Locations, dates & costs
Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Eindhoven and Apeldoorn
September – November 2019
February – April 2020
April – June 2020
€ 7.500 in total
In order to be admitted to our bachelor program in Film and Audiovisual Media, you need to have completed your high school education, or a level 4 vocational training of higher education. All high school profiles are admittable.
- High school transcript (If in Progress-Proof of Completion Required After Graduation)
- Three-hundred-word personal statement that answers the questions:
• Who you are
• What you want to study at DAFP
• Why do you want to study at DAFP
• What you plan to do after completion of our program
- Portfolio Sample (Program Dependent)
- Language Examination Scores: TOEFL/IELTS/PTE/Cambridge
- Application Fee: 70 Euros
As always, when embarking on a new academic adventure, there will be an application process to ensure that your interest and academic history are in line with our expectations. This ensures that we will be able to provide you with the highest possible level of instruction, no matter your artistic ability, you will be able to meet both our standards and yours.
We will require a copy of your high school transcript. If you are still completing your program, send us all you have done up until your most recent term of grades. After you graduate, before enrolling, we will require proof of completion.
We will also require a three-hundred-word personal statement that answers the questions: Who you are, what you want to study at DAFP and why and what you plan to do after completion.
Depending on your program of interest, we would like to see a sample of your work. Note, if this applies to you, we are not looking for professional level portfolios. We simply want to see what you have done so we can assess how far we can take you. To ensure that you can comprehend the courses and contribute to class discussion, we require evidence of English language capability, as all courses are taught in English.
The application fee is 70 Euros. This tells us that you are as serious about us as we are about you.
- DAFP is the only private educational institution in the Netherlands with recognized and accredited Photography Minors.
- Teachers are celebrated professionals in the field of Photography, with a passion for education.
- DAFP students benefit from high levels of personal attention and small class sizes.
- DAFP provides students with access to our large national network of internship offering companies, studios, publishers, media companies, TV production companies and museums.
- Support is offered to international students in the areas of visa application, insurance, grants and other requirements.
|Course duration||3 month|
Certificate of Attendance
€ 7.500 per program