Powerful visual communication
Images play an important role for the marketing of products and storytelling. In the ‘Get Visual’ Minor program, you will receive an introduction to Filmmaking and Photography that is focused on commercial use for companies and institutions.
This will include: Basics Camera, Light and Design, Editing, Digital Photography, Image Editing, Concept Development, and Visual Marketing. All of these subjects are expected to serve you well as you embark on your career as an invaluable corporate communications asset
Curriculum “Get Visual”
Over the course of two months, the DAFP Minor Program, “Get Visual” introduces participants to the basics of filmmaking. This highly valuable short course explores Camera Techniques (both on location as well as in the studio), Editing, Adobe Premiere Pro, and so much more! You will also explore film history, screenplay writing and Interviewing fundamentals. We offer an intimate and highly-focused educational setting in an inspiringly nurturing and highly creative environment that provides you with all the necessary technical facilities you will need during the course. You will be guided by enthusiastic teachers with decades of experience between them. The “Get Visual” Minor program is a perfect supplement to enhance your learning and further your development as a professional in the visual arts.
|Basics camera light and sound||3|
|Total European Credits||30|
Locations, dates & costs
Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Eindhoven and Apeldoorn
September – November 2019
February – April 2020
April – June 2020
€ 7.500 in total
In order to be admitted to our bachelor program in Film and Audiovisual Media, you need to have completed your high school education, or a level 4 vocational training of higher education. All high school profiles are admittable.
- High school transcript (If in Progress-Proof of Completion Required After Graduation)
- Three-hundred-word personal statement that answers the questions:
• Who you are
• What you want to study at DAFP
• Why do you want to study at DAFP
• What you plan to do after completion of our program
- Portfolio Sample (Program Dependent)
- Language Examination Scores: TOEFL/IELTS/PTE/Cambridge
- Application Fee: 70 Euros
As always, when embarking on a new academic adventure, there will be an application process to ensure that your interest and academic history are in line with our expectations. This ensures that we will be able to provide you with the highest possible level of instruction, no matter your artistic ability, you will be able to meet both our standards and yours.
We will require a copy of your high school transcript. If you are still completing your program, send us all you have done up until your most recent term of grades. After you graduate, before enrolling, we will require proof of completion.
We will also require a three-hundred-word personal statement that answers the questions: Who you are, what you want to study at DAFP and why and what you plan to do after completion.
Depending on your program of interest, we would like to see a sample of your work. Note, if this applies to you, we are not looking for professional level portfolios. We simply want to see what you have done so we can assess how far we can take you. To ensure that you can comprehend the courses and contribute to class discussion, we require evidence of English language capability, as all courses are taught in English.
The application fee is 70 Euros. This tells us that you are as serious about us as we are about you.
- DAFP is the only private educational institution in the Netherlands with recognized and accredited Minor Programs in Film and Photography.
- Teachers are celebrated professionals in the field of Film and Photography, with a passion for education.
- DAFP students benefit from high levels of personal attention and small class sizes.
- DAFP provides students with access to our large national network of internship offering companies, studios, publishers, media companies, TV production companies and museums.
- Support is offered to international students in the areas of visa application, insurance, grants and other requirements.
|Course duration||3 month|
Certificate of Attendance
€ 7.500 per program